Work for Bare Biology!
Job title: Business Development Manager
Salary: £40k up to maximum £50k, depending on experience
Benefits: 3% pension, 25 days holiday + extra day for Birthday, and the business closes for Christmas. Free product for personal use.
Working hours: 9am-5pm / Monday to Friday
Location: Hybrid WFH and one day a week in central Brighton office, with regular travel to London and some UK travel
Start date: As soon as possible
Reports to: CEO (plenty of scope for career progression)
Full details below
Step 1: Send a CV and brief covering letter highlighting relevant experience, why you think you’re right for the role, why you’d like to be considered for the role and your geographical location to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be screened at this point for relevant experience, qualifications and the quality of the covering letter.
Step 2: Successful applicants will be invited to an initial online interview with CEO and Head of Content & Social.
Step 3: Successful applicants will be asked to complete 2 skills based tasks to present at a second interview.
Step 4: Face to face second interview in Brighton with CEO and Head Of Content & Social or another team member.
About the business
Bare Biology is a fast-growing premium health supplement brand founded in 2013. Founder led and privately owned with no investors, it has a very flat structure and lots of scope for career development.
The vision is to be the supplement brand women trust with their lives, supporting female health through the different stages of life (puberty, fertility, pregnancy, motherhood and menopause).
Bare Biology has a cult following of loyal customers, health experts and nutritional therapists and an enviable list of premium stockists. Year on year growth has been around 50% for the last four years. The potential is huge, and the brand is very well positioned to become the leader in premium women’s health. Bare Biology has ambitious goals to increase turnover and profitability in the next 3 years and this role will be central to achieving those goals.
Background to the role
We need a Business Development Manager to head up our community of health practitioners (nutritional therapists, doctors, dentists and other trade communities who have health or aesthetic based audiences) and retailer store teams.This role is supported by a Retail Account Executive (who has been in the role for 6.5 years) whose job title doesn’t really reflect what she does on the community side, but she regularly meets and trains up retailer store teams, nutritional therapists and health practitioners, attends trade and other events to build the network and is very knowledgeable on all our product range. This role is also supported by a Virtual Assistant who can help with outreach and administration tasks.
The two key criteria for this role are that the candidate is a qualified Nutritional Therapist (for reasons explained below) and also has a proven record in a sales-type role of new lead generation, relationship building and community growth.
Nutritional therapists and health practitioners are hugely important to us, generating a large portion of our sales both direct and via The Natural Dispensary and Amrita. Over the years we’ve built strong relationships with many. We’ve also done the same with in-store teams at our retailers, many of whom are qualified health professionals. We need to continue to build those existing relationships and find more. We’ve been doing this over the years, supported by our Retail Account Executive, but we need a more formalised process to increase awareness of our brand among all kinds of health practitioners, from doctors, chiropractors, yoga teachers and functional medicine practitioners through to hairdressers and facialists. We also need to get much better at staying in touch and building the relationship after the first few contacts. This is why it’s so important the person in this role is a qualified nutritional health practitioner. To
understand the audience, bring credibility and authority to the role, develop a tailored education programme for each audience and understand how to find and communicate with them.
We also have some key retailers, both bricks and mortar and online, such as Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Revital and John Bell Croyden whose staff need to be trained on a rolling basis (due to staff turnover or new product launches). The Retail Account Executive does the training and regularly visits the stores, but this needs overseeing and managing.
The role includes, but is not limited, to:
· Creating a strategy to nurture and engage the current database of Nutritional Experts, doctors, beauticians, psychologists etc. Including a regular newsletter and tailored educational content in PDF form, webinars, in-person and online training sessions.
· Oversee and manage the Retail Account Executive to ensure we’re reaching out to, and continuing contact with, as many new people as possible and keeping a detailed record in a database of contact management.
· Set a strategy and targets for trade business growth among: Nutritional Therapists, Dieticians, Pharmacies, Dermatologists, Optometrists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Alternative Therapists / Functional Medical Practitioners, Fertility Clinics, Personal Trainers / Gyms, Yoga Teachers / Studios, Facialists, Hairdressers. And other groups.
· Identify events we should attend and exhibitions. Oversee the booking, budgets, marketing comms, logistics and attend the events supported by the team.
· Work with the CRM team to create regular communications to these groups with relevant product information, new clinical trials and anything to keep us top of mind so they keep recommending us and prescribing us to their clients and patients.
· Create a strategy and plan for training and engaging retail store teams, managing the Retail Account Executive and making sure all training materials are up to date.
At least 5 years experience in B2B sales management, having developed and grown into a role with responsibility for financial results and growth.
Proven experience managing and growing a B2B community.
Industry connected with contacts and resources we can tap into.
Skills & Education
Qualified Nutritional Therapist.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Good tech skills for using sales/lead generation and management software and excel.
Creative thinking and the ability to develop engaging content that resonates with target audiences.
Highly driven, energetic, ambitious and results driven.
Sociable, personable, outgoing and genuinely interested in networking and meeting new people.
Highly organised and able to juggle lots of tasks.